PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 02:59
Algol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan, are you mixing up HKA and HKE, like so many here seem to be doing?
They operate on separate AOC's and seem as different as chalk and cheese to me.

As to being treated 'like poo', let me tell you this - I joined from an established european carrier, and so far the treatment I've had at HKA is streets ahead of the kind of 'poo' I had to put up with back there. This company is struggling with huge challenges, no doubt, but none of the attitudes I've experienced so far are in any way vindictive - unlike the open anti pilot hostility and sheer begrudgery I experienced in my previous airline. I'm loving every minute of this - its a total breath of fresh air. No kidding.

Much of this criticism of HKA seems to be coming from people who appear to be somewhat spoiled, and have delusions about where the T&C's benchmark in pilot employment actually lies at present.

There are far far worse places to be right now, and this'll do me for a while.

Will it last?
Well, I think it will, but if it doesn't, so what? All the guys joining now with A320 type-ratings are getting free A330 upgrades and will be very much more marketable in two years time (your deadline) and by then job prospects should be far better elsewhere if you gotta go.
A Win Win situation.

IMHO the only way to up is if you buy a property in HK's crazy over-heated housing bubble now, and ruin things for yourself when/if the employment situation changes.
I'm not biting anyhow....