PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320: (PNF) Foot on Rudder Pedals (during Taxi, T/O and LDG)
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 23:59
John Citizen

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
I find it very annoying when the other pilot has his feet on the rudder pedals too

Its even more annoying when they start making inputs. Inputs which are entirely unnecessary for any other reason than for the captain to reassert his authority I think. Some people just love power and control I think.

Once I was doing a line check with a check captain in the jumpseat and the aircraft kept on slowing down on its own (as the captain as PNF applied the brakes), and I was not even taxiing fast at all.

I was taxiing in accordance with SOP, regarding speed limits and minimal brake applications (to save wear).

I found it extremely annoying and perhaps should have raised my concerns to the check captain but in the end I said nothing.

For example, if I am approaching the holding point at less than 5 knots with no danger of crossing the line, is it necessary for the other pilot to make a brake input ?

These days I taxi a lot slower (2 knots) and stop well early (50 m short) just in case the captain gets excited and jumps on the brakes for me.