PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 22:58
TCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Class 3 Medical - Asthma

Just seeking some up to date information from people who have taken/passed the new medical.

I have mild asthma which requires twice daily use of a preventer and I rarely suffer from symptoms of asthma in normal day to say life, hence I rarely have to use the reliever inhaler.

The NATS website states: "A past history of asthma may be acceptable but significant symptoms at time of application are likely to be disqualifying."

The CAA website states (with regard to the European Class 3): "Assessment of asthma is on an individual basis."

Having not been asked to mention this in my initial application to NATS, I'm now wondering how much of a problem this may be. My understanding is that the class of medical examination has changed recently for NATS (was just UK Class 1 ATCO). Does this mean the European medical is more thorough and difficult to pass?

It's not clear from the CAA website how much a medical examination would cost (i.e. if I was to book it independently before going through the 3 NATS Selection Stages). Does anyone have any ideas? I can't imagine how gutted I would be if I passed Stage 3 only to fail the medical!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.