PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OSTEND
Thread: OSTEND
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 21:45
FLYAIR10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OSTEND

Hello,
Could anybody tell which (British) airlines plan to start scheduled flights between Ostend-Bruges airport(OST) in Belgium and UK-airports? I read in belgian newspapers that there is quite some potential to set up a scheduled Passenger connection between Scotland (GLA/PIK/EDI) and OST. Also the airport has an EU approved incentive plan to help airlines in starting up scheduled flights between OST and regional airports.
In 2014 , it will be 100 years that WO I started and there will be lots of activities in the Flanders region (Ypres,Langemark,.. ) to remember this fact. Many UK families will come over to visit the numerous manifestations and the old battlefields of WO I (and WO 2 aswell). Ostend airport can be a major "port of entry".
So this could be an opportunity for airlines to set up scheduled connections with the British isles ( and hubs such as manchester and London airport(s) to attract also overseas tourists and business-men from e.g. Canada and USA).
On the other hand many belgians/Dutch/French from the Flanders area are willing to travel to UK/scotland/ireland by air, if the fares are right..
So, if anyone is aware of any airline considering to set up an air-connection with OST,it would be interesting to read this.. Grtz;