PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: When Watch Dogs Become Bloodhounds (BMI and the EK Medical)
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 20:00
Dale Hardale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 2005 I went for my medical at the clinic and the doctor said there was a "problem" with my ECG.

He sent me to a cardiologist for further investigation. I underwent exhaustive testing only to be told there was nothing wrong. It was then I asked the cardiologist if he personally knew the referring EK doctor.

I was gobsmacked when the cardiologist said the EK doctor "always" refers EK people to him for heart checks and that it provided a significant part of his business. It also transpired that they had known each other for many years.

When I returned to my home town, I took all the traces etc etc to a cardiologist who said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the first ECG done at the EK clinic and that the tests done by the cardiologist in Dubai were not even relevant to the "problem" the EK doctor said I had in the first place.

The EK doctor has since left Dubai. Ever since then, I have been really careful about medicals in Dubai and always get an outside (UAE) opinion.