PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 1st Aug 2000, 12:18
Ace Rimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Ok guys lets have a visit to hotel reality, If they could, the majors would transfer ALL their routes to their regional affiliates - Why? Cos regionals have a lower cost base.

revenue X - lower cost base = larger profit

Naturally, the big guys would like to see the end of scope - can you blame them? The boys in Atlanta would cream their jeans. Get their hands on those shiny new CRJ700/900s ERJ170/190s for a start - then what the hell, if the market demands put 737s, 757s "Ah hear them limeys over 't BA run 777s on a 300nm route, then there's them ole boys out in Japan with them 74SRs goddamn"
Remember, the suits worth is measured by the bottom line after all.
So never mind all this "I bust my nuts for x years getting where I am only to have some young wet-behind-the-ears puppy get hired into the mainline before me" stuff, the question you need to ask is "Is it better for my long term earning potential to have the lists merge (and possibly make it easier for scope to be relaxed or abandoned altogether) or not? Frankly my dears, anything else is just bulls@it.