PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullied by the Boss?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 16:47
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-SPOT
I think I hit a raw nerve with my point. I am in no way a lover of paperwork and bull**** for the sake of it, quite the reverse, I am quite vocal over some of the more inane practices of EASA. But, unless the posts above have been fabricated (all 10, I doubt)) there has to be a safety issue, an issue you either ignore or are not worried about, either way that in itself is a serious safety issue, but I suppose ignorance is bliss as they say.
Well this seems to be the problem, you're basing your judgement on 10 stories across two continents over an undetermined length of time and concluding we need to legislate and when proved to be foolish you play the "safety issue" card so you're either a fool, a health and safety auditor or you work for EASA which one is it......

Im not ignorant to the problem in the same way that you're not ignorant to the fact that AOC operators sometimes falsify load sheets, now Im not saying you falsify load sheets but what if I made you sign a declaration prior to each sector to say specifically that YOU HAVE NOT falsified the load sheet, if you dont already how would you feel if I lobbyed to EASA that you should?

I set my stall out early days with the boss, I'll try my best but once the door shuts our roles are reversed. As somebody said previously once those roles are not reversed theres only going to be one winner which will no doubt be the side of a mountain.

If you're under the impression that he pays you to get him there then thats wrong, he pays you to keep him safe. All I have to do is remind him of that and theres never an issue. If you need an ops manual to hide behind stay doing charter work...