PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 02:36
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Actually Kap, the offer to return under the old conditions did not come until around christmas, five months AFTER the resignations, when a couple of hundred pilots had been employed by AN and TN, blacklisted by the AFAP and subjected to the intimidation you gleefully admit to.

Obviously to little to late.

My suggestion was that if you had honoured your contract INSTEAD of resigning, the whole episode could of been avoided?

Also Kap, I have had MANY pre '89 pilots, both returnees and not, tell me that at the time they signed their resignations they were told these were a tactic to be used in bargaining, and would not be actioned without further consultation with the membership.

As one guy said to me (and he DID NOT return!) "I woke up the next morning and read in the paper that I'd resigned".

This, and the fact that the AFAP did little to get AFAP members NOT to take jobs elsewhere whilst banning people from joining the Australian airlines (I know one guy who was working for Elliot flying a Biz jet. He was about to upgrade to Elliots 737 when guess what? Two type rated AFAP guys approached Elliot and put him out of a job. Surley you can see that HE had a case to not be very supportive!!) were major factors in many guys returning and many more joining from the ranks of GA and overseas.

Last edited by Wizofoz; 8th Sep 2002 at 03:05.