PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG A/T and A/P Go-Around
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 15:23
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/T go around mode is armed below 2000 RA and above 2000 RA when G/S captured or flaps not up I believe. You can see this displayed on the thrust mode annunciator above the N1 gauges. The autopilot or flight director does not need to be engaged as this is purely an A/T function.

Should the AFDS (A/P + FDs) and A/T be disengaged, flight director guidance is available upon pressing TOGA. However the engagement of further role and/or pitch modes require the flight directors to be recycled to on.

As said, below 1500 RA and with FLARE ARMED annunciated on the FMA, a dual channel go around (both A/Ps engaged) is available. The A/T should automatically provide go around thrust upon pressing TOGA. After all, you should not be shooting dual channel approaches without an A/T - well certainly in my airline anyway!

If you are new to the aeroplane remember that if the A/T has been disengaged; pressing TOGA will only activate GA guidance on the FDs. You will need to set GA thrust manually (around 85-90% N1 - NOT the green N1 reference bugs as these relate to the full go around N1 limit and would be what the A/T would set if you pressed TOGA twice with the A/T engaged). I know this sounds silly, however I have seen this happen so often in the sim with guys new to type.

Good luck

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 22nd Feb 2011 at 15:33.