PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Australia To Be Born Again ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 01:08
saloon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabinboy

I totally agree with you re: customer complaints. I don't work for an airline, but it is annoying when you are not working and people are still in you ear about the bad service they received at your workplace. Particularly when you aren't able to obtain both sides of the story. And, I am sorry, but I am not going to accept personal responsibility for something that I have no control over. I will empathise with people and, if possible, i will follow up on the complaint - but I find that most people that "complain" - in the truest sense of the word (whinge, scream, shout, assume feotal position) - don't genuinely want the problem rectified. Rather, they want blood! But, customer feedback is one of the best ways of improving your service (or so the theory goes! )

What I do when someone is really complaining is to just let them rant for as long as it takes them to stop. I furrow my brow in *concern* and occassionally nod my head and thoughtfully say "hmm", "yes", "absolutely", all the while thinking of something totally unrelated (like a beach setting or whether I feel like cold or warm Weet-bix when I get home).

I also think that the name Ansett will not be used - to much baggage for non frequent fliers and non-aviation enthusiasts.