PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will win Qantas etc or Virgin/Skywest
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 07:32
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it all depends I think on the fuel price. If it goes up QF has the deepest pockets and Virgin will lose. The other thing I think is a factor is if VB can make it thru the game change without stalling.

International:
VAustralia (If they ever gain traction) will smash QF International. There is no comparison in cost base or product. VAustralia might be the biggest earner next to Vlink for the VB group.

Domestic:
Jetstar will smash everyone. I think they are unstoppable purely because QF will do what ever it takes to make them a success.

Regionals:
A tie between Qlink and Vlink. REX will be the casualty. Although if Vlink goes for the Q400 with progression into VB mainline REX might not loose as many pilots and Qlink could loose a lot but ultimately their pockets are endless.

Mining Charter:
QF is looking to close Skywest down with Network might and aggression. Its very clear to me. Skywest will never be able to match the NAA cost base. They will become a lean mean mighty machine. Skywest still have a few years in their contracts (according to the WA ppruners) so they will be ok for now. I think the Vlink deal will be a drain on Skywest.