PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL in Scandinavia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 01:06
MrGren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL in Scandinavia

Hey everyone!
Although I'm a native Swedish speaker I thought I'd write this topic in English to increase replies

I am currently reading up science courses to get competence for university studies (i read social studies in high school) and will be ready to move on to uni in about a year.
I have for a long time had a passion for flight and really want to work as a professional pilot.

I have been lurching on these forums for quite some time now and I even posted a thread asking a similar question in the wannabe section and found out that modular was the recommended route to take.
Europe is big however and i presume different routes are better for different regions, even though the economic climate might be the same. This coupled with the fact that i am closer now to taking the leap, so to say, made me do another thread.

Searching around for schools doing integrated or modular ATPL in my area i've found SAA (integrated to my knowledge) etc.
Doing integrated or modular is very expensive however and although i guess i could take loans (we can in Sweden loan up to ca 45 000 Euro (450 000 sek) from CSN = school loans from the government) but that would still leave me short and loaning from my parents doesn't feel right even if they can afford it.

There is TFHS in Sweden which is free, but very hard to get into.
I've heard about Norwegian Aviation College but i also heard that the future of the school is uncertain (same with TFHS i guess).

When i searched about NAC, I also found out about University of Tromsö but can a Swedish citizen enroll there? Is it as hard to enter as TFHS?

So.. What I'd primarily would like to know is: what schools are recommended?
And if it is possible for me to join NAC/Tromsö University (or TFHS) what can i, should i, do to have a higher chance of entering the schools?

If these schools are out of the question, or the chance of getting into them are very low, is modular still the route to take and what schools have you guys used/heard about that are good in Scandinavia primarily, but EU in general?

Thanks alot in advance, and sorry for the long and cumbersome thread, theres just so much I want to know

WG