PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Capt Matthew (Matt) Kelly
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 00:29
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matty, what else can I say that hasn't already been said.

I did his Training Capt training, and the guy literally knew everything I asked him and more. He asked me things I didn't know. He was a sponge, he lived and breathed for his flying. He never tired of talking shop. After a 10-11 hr day he was still full throttle. It was funny with the Cabin Crew; they simply refused to give him Coke to drink as they all thought he was already too hypo and didn't need the caffeine.

I classic example of Matt's "all or nothing" attitude was this. After coming dirt bike riding with me a couple of times, Matt decided to buy his first bike. A KLX450R Kwaka. His first dirt bike for christ's sake. And yes, there were many moments of sheer terror and hurt, but like everything Matty did, he knuckled down and within a month was pretty competant on a bike many people could never get a handle on after riding for many years. Such was the pursuit of life.

What a burning bright beacon of life, gone all too soon. The glass was always half full with Matt; always looking on the brightest side of life, unlike most.

His Burial will be in Mornington on Monday 28 @ 11am I think, still being finalised, with a service to follow at the Mornington Yacht Club. Standing room only.

I feel numb. I have lost my best mate. I hole in my life that can never be filled.

See you all there on Monday.

regards

Dave