PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 21st Feb 2011, 23:11
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lady like, I have been in the industry for 23 years and have never paid for a type rating (7 heavy jets) or interview. On one occasion, I paid for my own transport across the country to attend an interview. During the last 12 years, I have been type rated on F100, B737 and B777 and in each instance, the rating was supplied by the company. It was fair that they applied a bond, which I served before moving on. I have not had responses from several companies(ie:Jetstar) as I said that I would not pay for my rating.

The last company provided B777 type rating and paid during training. They had said that my contract would include that I pay for rating and I said that I did not think that appropriate and that I would consider the contract when it was sent as a formal offer. I also said that they should offer more money--guess what?? The contract included B777 rating and more $$$$.

There is a shortage of experienced pilots and it is possible to negotiate a better deal. However, I do suggest that some recruitment companies will only forward candidates who are prepared to be walked over. From the perspective of the airline, this will eventually be seen as a latent organisational deficiency. As for the recruitment consultants, what would they care-not their company, not their responsibility--unless they or a loved one gets killed by a sub-standard crew.