PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citabria 7KCAB vs Cessna 152 Aerobat
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2011, 21:13
whifferdill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou hatzfler - Great to hear - it would seem that the Citabria's extra outlay is worth it!

I did specify the 7KCAB as that has the 'real' aerobatic capability compared to the other marks and as you point out, is not far off the Decathlon for the reasons you mention - there's nothing else out there really, that I can see, offering that versatility along with decent aerobatic capability. It's not going to be a Pitts for aeros, but I think you get a lot more for your money at a smilar price point ( single seat PItts comparison ) - an extra seat for one!

Thanks for your response - it's helped make my mind up. The Aerobat appealed after looking at the costs of a Citabria - not just the initial purchase, but the ongoing running costs, but, if I could run it as a group machine, it would probably be by far the more satisfying machine.

Thanks again. I'll certainly pm you!

Silvair - no offense meant against the Bolkow! I have nothing to qualify my off-hand remark - just not too keen on their unusual look. I'm not a fan of the Tippsy Nipper either, for the same reason, but I have flown neither.

All the responses have been very helpful so thanks to all.