PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter To Minister of Civil Aviation From Air India Pilots
Old 21st Feb 2011, 20:47
22/04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having worked for an Indian company (admitedly non-Aviaition) I can't understand why people in India tolerate things such as non or late payment. I expect the ex-pats are paid to prevent them walking. Why don't Indian staff just do the same or walk;

After all they presumably could get a job elsewhere as an ex-pat themselves and be paid on time.

India must stop blaming the rest of the world for its inadequacies and rise to meet international standards. With their booming economy surely they can afford to now - or is there sucess linked to a cheapness/late/low standards situation.

In my view from an international perspective the country would be helped enormously by a readily accessible quick acting legal system, which would allow employees to take legal action when salaries can't be/aren't paid.

Come on plots how about suing your employer. Trouble is it would take 10 years- no quick court injunctions in India