PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain Peaceful protestors SHOT DEAD
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2011, 19:38
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Max

I agree with parabellum.

I live in Bahrain. Your link to the ABC journalist is not a video. It's a an audio recording. If you think that's a record of somebody getting a good kicking, then I suggest you take yourself off to Bigg Market, Newcastle, England on a Friday night. In fact, make that any sizeable town in the UK, and be sure to take your handbag. The vast majority of the Island of Bahrain is normal. Some of the TV footage is sensationalist to say the least,using clips up to 3 days old, and involving close-ups of about 20 blokes shouting and burning things.

Parts of Libya, however, looks like a full-on punch up.

Funny how Mr Miguel Arquez of ABC News is not setting off there to shout into his microphone, "I'm going, I'm going.". Sounds dramatic, but he's only trying to further his journalistic career by trying to betray Bahrain as 'edgy' and enhance his career, rather like that idiot in GW1 who brandished a respirator on air as sirens went off in the background, much to the mock horror of the folks back in the studio in the US.

It's not news, it's TV. 'Nothing happened much today' doesn't sell newspapers or boost ratings.

Believe me, I went shopping with my kids today as normal.