PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2011, 11:36
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WETHERKEW
Having followed this thread religiously ever since the incident, I sometimes wonder whether the RR engineers involved in the investigation/redesign(?) feel the urge to respond to some of the assumptions and assertions posted on PPRuNe. Are they bound by a vow of silence, or are some of them PM-ing the more qualified members on the forum, and feeding them titbits of information? The absence of public statements from RR regarding the full extent of the problem, and the progress of its resolution, only results in more speculation regarding the future of the Trent and the Company. They, engineers and management, must know this.

Whatever the outcome of the matter, I have learned and understood a great deal about the finer points of gas turbine engine design from some of the more qualified contributors, but I have also detected an increasing tendency by some, to take delight in flagging up the dire potential consequences to RR of a failure to resolve the issues. There are some posts which add nothing to the debate, but serve only to bolster the self-regarding egos of the conspiracy theorists.

My hope is that our fears are unfounded, for the sake of passengers, operators, employees, and the reputation of one of the last remaining UK world-class engineering companies.
No worries

Nothing is gained by RR responding in any way including feeding info to good or bad shills.

The public generally trusts their regulators and depends on the better press to keep track of major events or rumours in this regard.

Interest pretty much goes with what plays in the press rather than unknown posters on a discussion board. Could be because most of us for good or bad hide our identity

For real concerns there is always a phone call or E-mail to be heard or attended to. The industry does have a way of listening to the right people.