PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering entering the industry. Few questions
Old 21st Feb 2011, 10:55
dreamer84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must say, a well worded and intelligent post from a guy in year 12. I can't offer too much in the way of advice other than be absolutely certain you want a career in flying. I've only got a CPL and a handful of hours. I spent a lot of money on my training and now, due family and other reasons, am in a situation where I can't really afford to fly for a living. No one else to blame but myself, but I think now I wish more for a decent wage to support my family than to fly professionally. On other days though....I want nothing more than to spend everyday up there!

As mentioned, if it's just money you're after perhaps flying recreationally is the way to go. You seem switched on enough to find a decent enough career anywhere. But if you live and breath it, despite all the bad press, you are willing to make sacrifices and aren't just fascinated by shiny jets and spunky uniforms then go your hardest! I'm sure the good days are as awesome as you imagine, and the bad days probably worse than you imagine.

All the best. Have you had a TIF?