PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association v Qantas Airways Ltd & Anor [2011]
Old 21st Feb 2011, 03:29
magoo31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing against a fair days work for a fair days pay. Some people need to get out in the real world, do you honestly believe that Qantas is any different or more special in the way it screws employees. All you can hope for is a balanced screwing, it was like that when I was there and it hasn't changed, sometimes just more obvious with a different pair of hands on your shoulders.

And as for Licka..... I've just deleted what i wrote in this post due to the fact that the people on the receiving end know exactly the sort of person he is....

Jet-A-one, "Jollies", was that a Freudian slip? Are you admitting that trips aren't that hard? Exactly what i was getting at. For example, spending 2 hours on a transit, 8 hours sightseeing, 2 hours on a transit then back to the hotel for 2 days.... then claiming the whole day as "working". That's the sort of sh!t I'm getting at. And you wonder why a Manager rolls their eyes when you put in the expense claim, they're not stupid (most of the time).

I don't want to get in to a tit for tat slanging match, my opinion is that the employer/employee relationship needs to be balanced and flexible. Some LAME's see their job as getting as much as they can out of the company cause the company's intention is to screw them at every turn.

Some people need to give up the conspiracy complex and just get on with the job.

Certainly not going to help your case with the EBA negotiations.