PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2011, 00:19
perkin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions

Hey Mari or someone else whose been with the company for a while, i have a few questions,

What are your favourite layovers and why? Are the hotels normally located in the city? Which destinations do we have to stay at the airport hotels... i heard LHR is? what are the others?

I understand most of the layovers are around 24hrs.. Though which locations are longer? I heard some of the US destinations are 50hrs, as well as Sydney is sometimes 48hrs, not sure if this is still the case though..

As for the probation period, are we able to use ANY form of staff travel during this time? I'd imagine not, but worth a try.. haha

In theory, just say i had 4-5 rostered days off in a row, what would my chances be of flying home to Sydney for a weekend? I do understand most EK flights to Sydney are full, so if this was the case we do have eligibility to use ZED fares right? So would this mean i would be able to take an Etihad or V-Aus flight from Syd to Abu Dhabi (not ideal i know haha) or a QF flight to singapore and then connect from there for a similar id90 price?

Also how are the load factors normally for EK LHR flights?

Do you get much use out of staff travel/zeds? How do you find them?

As far as the FACE card goes, what kind of places in Dubai can you use it at? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks!