PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 21:19
OliWW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 obviously see potential, having signed a 10 year contract of operation, its all to do with how many aircraft they are able to operate from EMA, I'm sure they couldn't give a damn about what baby do, with the 757, they can carry more pax, at a cheaper operating cost than WW, the biggest threat to WW at the current time is BE, possible expansion on domestic routes such as EDI, GLA and JER would cripple WW's operation, it wouldn't succeed against the likes of Jet2 or Ryanair on European destinations, thus the reason why JC decided to introduce Niche routes like Verona, Cologne, Munich, to try and attract new pax... such routes, haven't exactly run how they planned, and as a result are having to re-turn their attention to the destinations people want to go.

Jet2 in my eyes would be foolish to miss such a opportunity for 2012, however, will WW be able to respond? Also against the likes of an expanding BE and FR?

However, I will also add the fact that if Jet2 do expand at a rapid rate... that will be Summer only, and their aircraft will be bone idle from Oct - Jun
, which doesn't benefit them, nor the airport
Watch this space...