PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants - General Q & A
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 16:03
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are in the UK. I think it's against the law to discriminate someone due to age.

Let's get real!

I read back your posts. I suspect that you used to work at the airport. You must have lots of information. Strange question from you...

Maybe you are not the ideal candidate but you should try what you can.

Where to start: google Uk airlines. You get a list. Visit all websites and apply. You might be invited for a rectuitment day if they are hiring. Visit the websites regularly and check for open positions. If your application is rejected, you can apply 6 months later.

My concern is: most of the companies offer temporary contacts nowadays and small salaries. Are you willing to re-locate? (Consider the cost of rent and fuel.)

I'm not sure you can accept all the conditions when you need to feed the family and also see them occasionally.

Look at EasyJet first. They pay quite OK. (Well, rather after probation. My friend, a purser in LGW, makes 1400-1600 pounds a month.) However, only seasonal contacts (might extend it, might not) and no base in Manchester.

People rather choose flying as short-term career today. The job is very demanding and stressful. Most of the applicants here will do it 1-5 years and change.

Why? The Golen Era with the good money, long layovers, respect is all gone. You fly your ass off, get paid peanuts and passengers treat you like dirt.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mari; 20th Feb 2011 at 17:26.