PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $55 for a Rotto Landing!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 14:43
Charlie Foxtrot India

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
I have some copies of this proposal in my office if anyone wants to see it and respond appropriately!! 250% is a big jump, and I haven't seen any improvements in the facilities there lately.

For that price you would expect a tower, fire service, fuel, maintenence, an ILS or two, PAL lighting, an into-wind runway and a terminal building that's open all daylight hours and manned by a happy Rottnest Island Authority person in a quokka outfit at the till...who doesn't mind a bit of abuse from punters when they have to fork out the landing fee on the spot. (could solve the problem of the "stealth" aeroplanes in the circuit) How about free bikes to get you to the cafe, free snorkels, bus rides and a cuddly quokka toy to take home with you for the young'uns... Even then it would be WAY too much. Ayers Rock is the only one I know of who get away with that sort of fee.

In fact it would just be nice to be able to get in and out of the aerodrome without having to climb over the fence.

They are probably terrified of public liability, so let them know that there is a safety issue and they might sit up and listen.

For good measure I've also told them I'm tired of collecting their aerodrome fees for them and will be invoicing them for this service if the price increases by more than the CPI.