PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IIP BINNED, sorry is anyone surprised?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 14:24
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
IiP binned? My arse.

These things have a shelf life. They function to provide non jobs and backhanders to Quangos, Directorships, etc

But at some stage during their lifespan, the ability to fleece the customer diminishes, and the project is allowed to wilt, allowing the chance for a new initiative!

IiP is being replaced, and so the cycle continues.

What a sad, but accurately, true statement that is. It is just a shame that the "customer" cant see it.

I remember very well the introduction of IIP all those years ago and I have to say I seem to remember that it was truly embraced by just about every commissioned officer I knew (junior aircrew excluded) and totally despised by just about every SNCO I knew (Just like every other “initiative” we had thrust upon us).
Thankyou, SRENNAPS

You and I (inadvertantly) have also highlighted the downtrodden overworked cynical SNCO's attitude compared to the zelous promotion seeking h'officers yearly innitiatives that paper over the cracks, and keep us away from our primary duties.

It would be interesting to see the original statements supporting the application for IiP, set against this recent announcement that we can't afford it.

Not that interesting mind... I'm on my Terminal Leave.