PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Requirement: Opportunity or Chore
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 13:19
OBX Lifeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well he is probationary for a year. On everything else except the ATP.. he has been enthusiastic. I do know some pilots have the attitude of what is the point of an ATP certificate in helicopters...but I personally have always wanted everything that would set me to the head of the class so to speak. Don't get me wrong...he hasn't refused...and maybe he is just making sure I'll pay him mileage and OT for the tests (which I would anyway)...

Which brings me to another issue...the response to our job opening was...pitiful. One applicant told us right up front the only thing he was willing to do was fly...no other assignments. I mean the job description says "pilot related duties only", but to be told that by an applicant? Another had not flown anything in 7 years and another nothing in 4 years...no BFR, nothing.

This was for a job that pays well above industry standards, has a pension plan, and host of other benefits to the tune of over $30,000 a year outlay, and where the PIC is the PIC in more than word only. And nice little things like not having to fuel the ship....