PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What REALLY Happened To Nigger?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 13:12
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fairly put, FF, and thank you.

I think what enrages people so much about pc is not that some expressions cause offense - we know that and decent people avoid them, but that some (most) pc-ers take suchoffense at words that the rest of us have no idea are offensive. See, for instance, the astonishing revelation by "thing" above that coloured is absolutely verboten and black is to be used. News to me! (I thought the word black was verboten in classrooms, esp when referring to blackboards, but what would I know? Hardly consistent, is it?) And how so, when most of those we'd be referring to would be somewhere between a weak cafe au lait and dark brown? Certainly not black. It is that conceit that the normal world has to defer to their self-appointed censorship of self invented "rules" and somehow we should know about it and defer to it without discussion or exception that is so irritating, and that to my mind indicates a less than healthy preoccupation with demeaning others that is absent in the general population. It is the absolute antithesis of democracy.

Perhaps people might concentrate on things that would make the world a nicer place if that's their bag instead of seeing corruption and malice everywhere where none in reality exists. That's what the Spanish Inquisition, mediaeval witch hunts and religious extremisn almost anywhere does/did, and its UGLY.