PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We want our Nimrod investment back
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2011, 07:35
Ivan Rogov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the concern and expert advice from an AEOp (WSOp Sensor in new money). Don't worry we will be fine

Unfortunately 5000 blue suits will lose their jobs in the next few years, we will only be a small portion. We all have until at least Sep 2012 (unless you want to jump) to get ahead of the competition outside by gaining qualifications and new skills, whilst still getting paid! I doubt many civilians will get such an opportunity, don't forget SDSR 2015 will be much worse with 3 months wages, etc. Anyone who is still in a poor position to compete for a new job in Sep 2012 will probably only have themselves to blame.

QSP are being retained because it takes a while to train them and cost lots.
Navs (WSO) are being retained because, I'll let them try and justify keeping so many (yes that is a chip on my shoulder as they are taking up roles I could do, so I admit I might be blinkered)
WSOp Sensor (Wet/Dry) are able to adapt to new platforms easily, those given the opportunity are doing so. They are doing the same job as WSO on some with no problem at all and cheaper . There are not enough seats left and we know what has to happen

Anyway what was this thread about again?
Oh yeah, I want a refund too

Edit: Looks like I have gone overboard on the use of smileys