PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you like being cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 13:26
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Job, the only way to make a living! Pax are by and large a pleasant group of people - a majority want to be pleasant, and respond accordingly if you are to them. Small minority are vile, but we get to chuck them off after a coupla hours, and then forget about them forever.

Most Crew are good value, common sense, capable folk - small number are twats, but they rarely last too long in the job. I'm always impressed by the fact that we have 21 year olds dealing with situations and events that would make other, older heads spin.

The real evil in the industry lies with the various levels of management, regardless of carrier: There seems to be something in the business that attracts the incompetent and then draws out their poorest qualities. It always amazes me how many people that don't fly on the aircraft regularly, or even at all, consider themselves expert enough on the process to pass judgement - Still, I don't suppose it will ever change.

"Sigh" - At least, with doors closed, you can leave them behind in their little offices, and you know you are safe from stupidity for just a few hours, until you open up back home again