PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 20th Feb 2011, 03:02
YAASB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, when do I start looking for a trip to a tower. Before the psych test or between it and the interview? Or do they hold them on the same day these days? (I think I read that somewhere.)
The Assessment covers interviews and associated testing all on one day.

How receptive are they to letting prospective employees have a look around? How much time would they give me? And what sort of things should I be looking at/Questions to ask while I'm there?
If you are interested in becoming a controller, then a visit to a Centre or Tower is pretty important. Actually seeing what goes on, and taking in the surroundings may give you a better understanding of the job.
We are always happy to show prospective controllers around, and give them the grand tour.

I will get the correct contact details for you and post them here. In the mean time you can call the main switchboard in Canberra,1300 301 120, and they will be able to direct you, or you can email me, and I will organise.

Timing is up to you, but I would allow a couple hours if you want to see the both the centre and tower.

While I am on the subject of Centre and Tower, remember that 80+% of controllers work in Centres, and that the chances of landing a plum job in Gold Coast Tower are extremely remote!

Make sure you look at the enroute sectors, and try to talk to a a couple of controllers to see how they enjoy the job, Also newly rated controllers are good to talk to, as they can give you some insight into the Learning Academy.

With regard to the timeline of application process, it does take some time. Please be patient, there are a lot of applications at the moment and the Recruitment Team is working through them as fast as they can.

Topzalp, Thanks for the compliment, I think........