PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Law Question...
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 13:05
imabell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can buy a minibus to carry your mates around but that is not the same as buying a minibus to carry your workers around,
your mates get on your minibus as mates, your workers get in your minibus thinking they are going to be transported to the destination with little to no hazard to their wellbeing.

the only diference between a private pilot and a commercial pilot under the regs is that one can make money and one cannot.

that is overridden by the fact that,

as a private pilot i can be employed by any one as anything and be given an aircraft as part of my job and earn money flying, with immunity.

there should be no trouble with that because all pilots should be trained to fly around in any airspace with the same degree of accuracy as anyone else.

i can fly a 747 (john travola) on a private licence as long as i pass the test, and i can even carry a few extra mates around, and its got a great spa.

i can be employed as a bore mechanic and still fly the boss around on a daily basis.

the paying public on an airline rpt route is exactly the same as the worker, (miners and drillers for instance), whose fare is picked up by the company operating their own aircraft. even though it is private these people need the same ammount of care.