PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support when doing "The Hard Yards"
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 12:28
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the checkride for the C210 went something like this........

CP..... "So you've got some 185 time, eh? That's good. What else have you been flying"?

CJ (all stammering and nervous coz he is sitting in the hotseat again once again)...... "Floatplanes, Maules, etc etc".

CP..... "Hmmmm, you wont find too many of them around here, lt's just see how you go....." (CJ knows that someone else had tried-out for this position before and not done so well....)

CP (after around twenty minutes of being subjected to CJ's worst flying and radio work in Class D airspace)..... "Well, how's about you just pop your feet on the floor, and we wait untill we get down to late final to slip those size twelves of yours back onto the rudder pedals, eh"?

CJ....... "Okies".

CP......... "Much nicer now, whadderya reckon"?

CJ...... "Um, yep".

Result...... One job and I'm now based just to the East of Ayers Rock flying a 210 on scenics and charter from anywhere in between Borroloola in the North, and Docker River in the SW of the Territory and all points in between. And to think I knocked this job back to start with....... toldya I'm thpecial.

I'm having a ball at the same time, but my base manager reckons he's gonna get some gaffatape and stick my legs to the seatbase sometimes.......

Alas Vege not recently, the guys at work looked at me kinda funny when I went misty eyed over a Cessna taildragger the other week in Alice.... Can't understand that.

Oz, I'm getting thirsty again..... Bundy, so much more than a breakfast drink.