PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $55 for a Rotto Landing!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 11:56
max_power747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"On Reserves",

I think you'll find that the $55 fee covers the $10.45 "admission fee".- that's how i read the proposal anyway. I agree totally. how unreasonable is it to increase the price by $33 in one hit??!!? It is even more expensive than a landing at Perth ($27)! Apart from the ridiculous fee, safety issues will arise from this. All too often, i hear stories from pilots flying into rottnest about other aircraft in the CTAF not making radio calls. obviously this is so they dont have to pay the already expensive $22 landing fee. With an increase to $55, do you think there will be even more pilots following suit?? i think so! This is where i believe CASA should step in due to the obvious safety concerns. So when i write a letter about this situation, i will also be adressing CASA, and i urge everybody else to do the same.

One last thing. The proposal states that there are approx 1000 landings at rottnest every year. OK, so that is about 3 a day, right? Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt Rottnest Island Air Taxi serve the island a few times a day? what about all the private aircraft that are constantly using the strip?? i guess they forgot about the rest of us?!!?

Anyway, that's my two cents worth,

cheers, max