PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 17:22
bearfoil

Well, may as well earn some revenue whilst exploring the "nth degree".

Let's close the circle. Resonance can float a massive Shaft making tens of thousands of Horsepower. Can it "Freeze" (Fluid Stall) a few kilograms of Fuel in the FOHE by virtue of the device's location adjacent this Massive Resonance Maker, otherwise known as the Fan?? I say Yes, and cause synchronous Cavitation in both Engine's Mechanical Pumps as well?? Again, Yes.

Boeing, RR, and the FAA (via NTSB) were unable to produce water Ice in Fuel replicating the vaunted "Fuel Ice" problem of The TRENT 700 in BA and NorthwestAL incidents/accidents. A fuel Path is no less a Shaft than a Steel one. Can Resonant energy "suspend" a Fuel "PLUG" in transit?? Again, I say yes. The AD was to cut down the protrusions of the tubes, ex-tubesheet. However, also commanded were reductions in Thrust to ostensibly "Melt the Ice Plug". Wait, the Engines ran at reduced Thrust after the Cavitation. Right, the Pumps were Toast, and what allowed the Power was Gravity Feed. There was that "Knocking" sound heard by Pax as well. Was that the noise of liberated Fuel Lines rapping on the case??

Funny how a reduction in Thrust also terminates the Resonant.........

I'd like to suggest a newer way to entertain the TRENT problems. Rather than isolating each problem from the Whole, (As in shifting Thread to Spotter's), the best way is to consider the TRENT as "Family", and the problems as siblings, not some easy to marginalize "lone Wolf" that can be marginalized by RR and its puppies into irrelevance.

dons Kevlar

Last edited by bearfoil; 19th Feb 2011 at 17:35.