PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 14:27
PeterP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRH, Cardiff already has BAMC and little scope for anything else of substance. Wales has a small number of MRO and allied companies headquartered here, undertaking a range of services on a range of aeronautical equipment. Expansion of runway length would be possible elsewhere, to serve a number of needs. You might think me nuts but scroll through aerial photography of our runways and you will even find one that could be a reversible runway for A380s, with plenty of scope of BAMC+ sized workspace. Huge, in fact!

OK. A challenge to PPruNers.

Spot the potential for an A380 MRO base in Wales, perhaps using Google Earth. I have a particular ex-military location in mind. My personal answer will only appear as a WAN Member-Only page at our main site and our FB/LinkedIn centres on our second birthday. Sorry, if you write Facebook here, it gets PPruNe replaced for book.

I want: your suggested location, how it might be created; and three or more reasons why it would work. I have emailed my own answer in confidence to a third party for safe keeping.

The prize? I haven't much money but I can pay for not only a drop-off at the front of CWL but also a pick-up 7 or 14 days later.

Woo-hoo.

Last edited by PeterP; 19th Feb 2011 at 18:14.