PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Whistling wheelbarrow"
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 09:15
brakedwell

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
"....we left Bahrain passing over Doha in the climb to flight level 200..." Would that had been possible! A small typo, perhaps? I can't even recall getting to FL 200 with a load anywhere over Europe and, indeed, I've always felt that it was the need to use the Argosy as a baby Britannia in the Middle East (and I dare say, the Far East) that wrecked its reputation.
Most of the direct Khormaksar - Bahrain flights only carried passengers. The return flights were often less than half full. FL 200 was attainable, especially during the winter months.

'Scuse me for butting in, having had no contact with argies, of the whistling w or t varieties, but I did find the above comment incredibly funny. Tell me what would you have done if the cigarette packet had fallen the other way?
Told Paddy to delay boiling the prawns

I was referring to when XP444 was the personal a/c of JEJ C in C MEAF . I saw inside once when it was u/s at Luqa and you would not know it was an aircraft ! Bit like TQF
Are your sure 444 wasn't the C in C Near East Air Force's aircraft. It doesn't appear in my log book during my time on 105 and 267.