PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 22:48
rabcnesbitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THere you have it

I am based on the Isle of Man.. and It was always interesting to me, that despite the low vis, and the airlines delaying or cancelling flights, the Manx2 aircraft would still appear...
Funny how you noticed that. Funny how they had a pilot caught doing something similar at BHD. So now we seem to have a pattern emerging. Getting in at IOM when others are being delayed, getting in at BHD when others are delayed, crashing at ORK when other are delayed. Perhaps the following extract from a what is probably a typical Manx2 contract.

If the aircraft is unavailable for service more than two hour past the scheduled departure time of the aircraft, THE LESSOR shall be unless caused by force majeure wholly liable for all and any costs of compensating all passengers booked on the lessees scheduled flights until normal on-time service is resumed. The LESSOR shall also be responsible for such costs of transporting the delayed passengers to their scheduled destinations by whatever reasonable means including the use of alternative scheduled flights or the charter of replacement aircraft.

Perhaps it was all to save money or am I just getting too jaded in my old age?

The real Manx2 is emerging now "Nowt to do with us mate see the other guy"