PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you take on tour?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 14:57
helisdw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a generic travel point of view, I've found my North Face Duffel bag to be near-indestructible... It's been on numerous trips to inhospitable parts of the African continent, all over Europe and North America. The material is truly waterproof - as discovered after someone dropped it off the side of a dinghy on the West Coast of Scotland!

Downside, I guess, is that it doesn't have a rigid frame, so contents liable to being squashed. Plus side of no frame means that storage of the bag is much easier when it's empty - it can be rolled up into a fairly small package. It's got carry handles and a back-pack system so humphing it around isn't too arduous.

After 12 years with the same bag, it is certainly not a thing of beauty - but then neither is its owner! I've had one zip-pull come off, but the zip itself still works fine; plenty of scuffs and marks but all stitching remains intact.

Four sizes available - S: 42L / M: 70L / L: 90L / XL: 140L

I'd say it offered value for money - and a Scotsman's fiscal prudence is not to be questioned! I must point out that I have no vested interests in North Face, even if this appears to be a bit of a sales pitch!

Simon