PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 27th Jul 2000, 20:31
Roc

Unhappy

I really don't intend to offend anyone here, but why such a huge controversy concerning flowthrough or integration? Why not try to raise your pay scales at ASA/Comair to a suitable level through your union. This whole flowthrough idea leaves a bad taste in my mouth. As a military pilot can I jump ahead of ASA/Comair and go directly to mainline? if YES, than wouldn'tASA and Comair pilots resent this? If NO, than how would Delta's mgmt feel about the loss of any chance of hiring highly skilled military pilots, especially given Delta's history of hiring only military types in the not to distant past. Bottom line, I always say the aviation business is alot like sports, you dont make the big bucks till you make it to the big leagues, whether its fair or not, but ASA/Comair are trying to say if they make it to the Yankee's single A farm team, they should be guarenteed a shot at the majors cause their in the Yankee org. I don't think that will ever fly.