PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Salvador
Thread: El Salvador
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 02:09
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okely dokely. Now I understand.

You'll probably find that Grupo Taca is the only game in town. You might want to see some of the earlier postings, but it seems that not many pilots consider it to be a model employer. In addition, although I am not certain on what the latest is in El Salvador, most Central American countries restrict professional licenses only to citizens of their own countries. It becomes a frustrating, head banging experience, but I wouldn't hold my hopes high if I were you on the fixed wing stuff. There are a lot of helicopters in Guatemala, once again though, very restrictive if you are not a citizen.

Enjoy El Salvador. It's a very small country and the crime is alarming and in many ways a probogation of the last few decades of government encouraged violence (this is what some of these people have associated with "normal"). If you are looking at getting away to some unspoiled jungle, you'll be disappointed as the country is almost completely deforested and settlements are built up the side of volcanos. In spite of all this, you will find that most Salvadorans are some of the warmest, friendliest people in the Central American region (not unlike Costa Ricans).