PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock hiring
Thread: Shamrock hiring
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 10:02
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cvemery,

Sorry if my posting caused you upset. Truth is that it's a bitter pill to swallow whenever one sees someone get a leg up quicker than ones self. I guess it was wrong to single out OAA as the proverbial ace trump, moreover it seems any graduate of an integrated school stands in much more solid shoes in the airlines eyes than someone who came up via the 'self improver' route.

My primary rancour is that my CV has never even qualified me for initial interview with an airline after 5 years slumming it in GA. I wouldn't mind so much had I had a chance to walk through their doors just to give myself the chance to balls it up for myself! But nada. Nothing. Even direct approaches have failed. Friends working for airlines have fallen on stoney ground whenever they've attempted to "put a word in". For an industry that prides itself on it's intelligence it doesn't half seem to have a prejudice against hard grafters coming up via the 'old system' of self improving. But anyway, that's why I seem bitter and I apologise once more, this time for thread creep.

For long enough I have toe'd the line, bitten my lip, kissed backsides and bought pints for guys in this industry but I am afraid my patience has started to wear a bit thin of late. Perhaps that is because I resent having to put myself in nausiating and sometimes dangerous positions when flying that I would otherwise rather avoid, just to make money and to keep the dream alive - namely, that I might someday be eligible to grace the doorstep of an airline for an initial interview. That would be a start. It niggles after all these years. I have been after this as a career for some time (check my sign up date) but hey, I have said my bit. Enough said.

Congratulations on your job and apologies for doubting your acumen for it.

VFE. (showing my vintage using terms such as 'self improver'!)

Last edited by VFE; 18th Feb 2011 at 10:19.