PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What REALLY Happened To Nigger?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 06:08
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
It Does Not Stop There

When ITV screened the Dam Busters film, at the appropriate moment there is 'peep', so perhaps the dog's name was really Peep - said in a sort of screamy voice.

Remember the Robertson's jam jar label?

Don't do as I once did in the USA and talk about 'fag packet design' - it took me longer to get out of the 'outrage' caused than it did to cover the topic about which I was talking.

Watch out in Canada - it's now 'first nations' when discussing the early inhabitants.

My first dog, bought for me in February 1953, was a black cocker spaniel called - no not Cock - but 'Blackie'. The name was perfectly acceptable and there was never any offence given or taken. The PC claptrap (please note 'clap' is not used in this context in relation to a social ailment) is ruling every aspect of our life and should be resisted.

I don't believe there is anything really sinister about the dog's death. If there had been, it would have come out long before now and been substantiated. If there was foul play, Gibson was not the sort of man who would let it rest, so unless the culprit was killed on the raid, I think we would have heard more about it in the contemporary accounts.

O-D = (Just off to walk a pair of Blk and Gold German Shepherd Dogs - soon to have the 'Alsation' part of the name removed by popular demand of the Breed Council)