PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peanut Alergies and Flying
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 22:02
JCBeadle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose Rivets - That really must have been terrifying from reading your post! (Touch wood) I have never gone into Anaphylactic shock, so cannot fully appreciate how scary it really is. The problem with allergies is that there is no real hardcore evidence to suggest what causes them, although there are a few theories. One of which is that we are all living in a disinfected world where we are less in contact with dirty bacteria. But doesn't mean to say I'm going to be rolling around in dirt and eating worms because it is a lot more complicated than that. Probably why the CAA don't have anything on their website regarding allergies.

Anyway straying off the point a bit, I am still going to go for my PPL and Night rating, and tackle the Class 1 Med after then. The more flight experience I get without encountering any medical problems, the better case I could have to argue against my Multi crew limitation and upgrade to a class 1. I fully appreciate that the CAA are there to help rather than hinder when it comes to health issues and at the end of the day it is the general public's safety which is priority. But i'll push on and see what happens. I'm just glad that I'm not hypersensitive to nuts, or I would be living in a bubble!