PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 19:50
PeterP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phileas ... enjoying this calm before you-know-who turns it into a storm.
How can anyone know what Wales Air Network might achieve? This kind of thing has never been tried before, anywhere in the world.
WAN's not about PSOs (we have specific views on that) or even about being a forum (the latter is done much better by PPruNe.) We kicked off being a pressure group and are now morphing into a stakeholder force for the good of Welsh aviation. Will we manage it? Who can tell. But we are the only ones giving it a go.
Wales Air Network is just 18 months or so old. It has engaged in many quarters and got the attention of decision-makers, the media and the on-line community. To spit tin tacks at this valuable bunch of volunteers is of no value and suggests a hidden agenda. To support it? That doesn't mean agreeing with me ... it means contributing to the achievement of our commonly-held goals.
Yes, I'm stung personally by some comments on here. They are made by someone who knows that WAN exists on several platforms, represents hundreds of people both in and out of the industry and yet tries to portray us as amateurs. That is one of the hidden agendas I mention and, if I continue to be under attack because of that agenda in front of this valued PPruNe audience, I will have to start getting more honest than would be welcome.
On the other hand, I think that the Cardiff thread on PPruNe continues to be entertaining and informative. Not constructive, though.,