PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star - Action Needs To Be Taken
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 19:35
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The solution is simple. All fourstripers in JQ refuse to fly with a button pusher. Turn up to sign on, if given a kid with bumfluff on his face, walk out. Demand a fully qualified F/O, or leave. It won't take long, before there is a turnaround, with A/C sitting on the ground. How would you like to go to work, knowing your work load is about to be doubled, and that is what you are going to get. Sure its fine if all is well, your mother in law could do the same job, but when the **** hits the fan, you need a competent well trained pilot, with plenty of experience behind him/her. I note some blogger has posted that GA pilots experience does not count, when joining a airline. Bollocks. A GA pilot has learnt airmanship, they have learnt to think for themselves, they have probably frightened the sh%t out of themselves on more than one occasion, all this gives them the background they require, to go onto the next learning curve. To think of the standards and safety that was installed in us, and to pass on to the next generation of PROFESSIONAL pilots, means sweet bugger all, and to hand over a commercial jet to a button pusher, beggers belief. I don't give a ratz what they do overseas, because it will eventually come home to haunt them, if somebody walks into fire, does it mean you have to follow them? And where the hell is CASA in all of this? I am ringing my MP. I suggest you all do the same.