PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What REALLY Happened To Nigger?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 17:11
Wee_Tam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What REALLY Happened To Nigger?

Hi all,

im currently collating a story, for the magazine i am editor of trying to find out what really happened to Guy Gibson's dog, nigger.

there are a few things that baffle me about the official story though, and i was wondering if any of you guys had heard rumours/stories circulating which could help me unravel it a bit more.

heres what gets me :

The official story says that nigger was killed by a car that didnt stop outside the gates at Scampton on the day of the Ruhr valley raids.

Now, as im sure you all know, military instillations are "locked down" before any movement, in this case, a top secret raid, with nobody going out, and nobody coming in, so HOW did nigger get on to the road in front of the gates to be killed?

There are rumours going around about nigger being murdered to affect morale, but this would be under the assumption there was a saboteur or enemy agent IN Scampton at the time.

Also, another rumour say he was killed deliberately by a member of the aircrew, because he had a habit of "splashing" anything lower than a squadron leader, and instead of being buried by the mess, he was tossed into a ditch and had the "splashing" reciprocated by the aircrew....

Anyone know of any rumours/stories etc that could add any creedence to any of this?

Slainte!

Tam