PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any accidents caused by financial worries?
Old 17th Feb 2011, 15:53
Northbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious: who, what, where, why and when.........

That is an interesting first post of yours.

Makes me wonder; what circumstances are prompting your question, why are you asking this ....and so on. Almost sounds like a journalist fishing for sensational story to sell (during a period of economic hardship).

PPRuNe is an open anonymous forum...... If you are not a member of the media, or looking to sell a story, please accept my apology for my error. I have a strong anti-media bias-I can't stand them.

any aircaft accidents DIRECTLY attributable to crew financial hardship/worries?

No, I am not aware of any case where the perpetrator of the accident wrote a suicide note explicitly indicating that related financial hardship/worries is/are the root cause of their decision.

Further, I do not know of a case where any official accident investigating organization; experienced, tasked, trained, authorized and equipped to analyze aircraft accidents, unanimously concluded and so stated in their final report "probable cause" section that financial hardship/worries were the reason for the crash.

There have been several cases where the subject was brought up during the investigation, and where some member(s) of the investigative team thought that the crew's financial hardship/worries may have played a significant part in the outcome. Nevertheless, in most cases I am aware of, this evidence and conclusion (crew financial hardship/worries) was hotly contested by others directly working the investigation as well as other parties involved in the accident.

The Federal Express example stated above would be relevant to your question; it has explosive racial overtones, intrigue, attempted murder and mass destruction, and by extension elements of financial hardship/worries.