PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for your rating !!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 13:51
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@B200Drvr - well my CV clearly proves that I have always fulfilled my part of the training bonds offered to me in the past, plus I have references. There is one company which typerated me in return for one years service where I eventually had some issues, however I still remained and endured for another extra year after fulfilling the commitment. If they would have offered me some more perspectives and motivation, I would probably still work for them today. There comes a time when to move on and in my case this was always in perfect order with the employer. I am quite concerned about my reputation in the industry, so I will do anything to keep it clean and stick to agreements.

It worked for me in the past and I sincerely believe it will work for me in the future and that the next TR bond will be offered to me, with the right company at the right time. I think it is also always a question of how we sell ourselves in form of an application (attractive CV), later in an interview or assessment. There are legal ways to set up a training bond scenario - anyone that leaves early, has to pay for the cost of the rating on a per rata basis. When signing a contract, both parties are signing a commitment to each other and both owe it to each other to fulfill the deal. This is the only way how to pave a healthy relationship.

Edit: and yes: if things become too crazy, quitting aviation is an option before falling into an endless pit. There are other fantastic things to do besides flying in life.