PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star - Action Needs To Be Taken
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 13:38
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TERESA

They are thinking $$$$$$$$$$$$ mate. That is all that counts my friend. Agreed 100% re the nappies thingy. I remember my first 12 months in the Dash 8 and I was lucky to have a handle on that after 600-700 hrs in it, that's after the 4500 odd I had prior to my first turbine F/O slot.

BUT, AND IT'S A BIG BUT, the difference between OZ and the rest of the world is this. We (OZ) have very benign weather and virtually zero terrain. 8/8ths blue most of the time and not much traffic. It is a relatively easy environment to operate in compared to Asia,N. America and Europe. European and Asian(reputable) carriers have cadet F/Os in the RHS, as has been pointed out, with very minimum experience and demonstrate day in day out that cadets are capable in all extremes of wx, terrain and traffic. Does it work in the rest of the world? Answer: YES.

I am sorry, but this parliamentary enquiry will be nothing but a big waste of $$$ and time. It will be business as usual and pilots are on a hiding to nothing.