PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star - Action Needs To Be Taken
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2011, 12:39
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200 hrs, well me. 200 hrs does not get you a flying instructors job. 200 hrs means you have not a freckin clue. A crook night, severe turbulence, the Skipper's taken a bait and feels like s%it, and you are going to hand over a jet with 300 people on board to someone who has 200 HOURS? I was still in nappies when I had 200 hours. I was still in nappies when I had 600 hours, on a DC3 for chris sakes. What about Airmanship, or does it not exist anymore. Old fashioned perhaps, boring, perhaps. What about standards, or don't they exist anymore either. What utter lunatic thought this up? Let me guess, a bean counter. THERE IS NO SIM IN THE WORLD THAT CAN TEACH YOU AIRMANSHIP. Airmanship was shown on the A380. Ditto the 400 with the oxy bottle hole. Pilots that had come thru the RAAF, where they were kicked up the arse until they learnt. And you tell me that some pimply kid whose daddy paid for him to get a guernsey, arrives in the RHS of a commercial jet, and the skipper is supposed to wear it. The aircraft is not freckin McDonalds. I hope on the first hull loss that the airline is charged with murder. Murder of 200 plus people, the reason being one pilot was not sufficiently trained or experienced enough to operate a commercial jet. After all my years in the air, I can think of many occasions, how much I appreciated a good and experienced F/O, times when two experienced brains were needed to get out of a sticky situation. One and a quarter brain would not have done it. What the fcuk are they thinking.